Characterisation, monitoring and control
Characterisation, monitoring and control ExpertiseContact the characterisation, monitoring and control team
Our areas of expertise
- Monitoring for the control of the manufacturing process: collection and analysis of data to alert on drifts and incidents - process health monitoring (PHM)
- Monitoring of composite structures in use to alert/predict maintenance (SHM)
- Automation of Non-Destructive Testing to monitor medium and large structures
- Integration of rapid Non-Destructive Testing into manufacturing processes
- Identification of defects and damages: mechanical testing and Non-Destructive Testing to analyse product assembly quality
- Identification of defects and damages, and their kinematics, under controlled loading conditions and temperature/hygrometry conditions
- Determination of the parameters of complex behaviour laws to feed the simulations
- Validation of simulations on coupons and full-size structures (up to 8m)
Our service and applications
- Instrumentation, analysis and implementation of industrial process control means for product quality
- Tracking of the processes state of health through monitoring and multivariate statistical analysis (PHM)
- Identification of specific defects/damage to structures
- Instrumentation, data analysis and implementation of structure monitoring means to alert/predict the risk of damage during operation (SHM)
- Measurement and determination of real load cases of static or moving structures on-site
- Reproduction of complex loading cases on the mechanical test bench and measurements on real structures
- Understanding of the mechanical behaviour of structures and parts under real loading
Our main equipment All our equipment
- Large multiaxial test bench for static and fatigue tests
Measuring means associated with process and structural monitoring, non-destructive testing and structural health monitoring
Our latest achievements
More about Characterisation, monitoring and control Expertise at IRT Jules Verne
IRT Jules Verne Characterisation, Monitoring and Control team aims to develop methods and resources to improve the performance and quality of manufacturing processes and the monitoring of structures in operational environments. Based on existing technologies or technologies in advanced development, the team integrates the measurement methods best suited to industrial realities, the processes involved, and the structures (SHM), and carries out data analysis on them to ensure quality.
The characterisation of innovative structures and materials allows the validation of concept and models by means of a continuous test-calculation dialogue. To this end, realistic conditions (mechanical loading, temperature-controlled environment, moisture) are reproduced in the laboratory on our equipment for structures ranging from test coupons to full-size structures. The aim of these tests is to understand how different materials or multi-material assemblies perform and undergo deterioration.
IRT Jules Verne identifies the characteristic sizes and the means of measurement and analysis to be used for processes and/or tools in order to optimise production. This monitoring is coupled with various forms of metrology, ranging from traditional sensors integrated in industrial equipment to the adaptation of non-destructive in-situ control processes. Real-time tracking of statistical descriptors enables corrective actions to be undertaken on process parameters in order to optimise production performance.
IRT Jules Verne team of experts uses measurement technologies to track defects and damages of operating structures, in particular to improve predictive maintenance. The integration of monitoring systems (sensor and electronics) directly into a structure allows self-diagnosis over time, thereby reducing the need for maintenance at set intervals.
Engineers and experts specialized in characterisation, monitoring and control work in close collaboration with all the other expert teams at IRT Jules Verne to provide comprehensive solutions to manufacturers’ problems.
Julio Cesar DE LUCA
R&T Manager – Manufacturing & Structural MonitoringContact us