Offre d'emploi :
European projects expert/Expert projets Européens (H/F)
About the IRT Jules Verne :
The Jules Verne Institute (Institut de Recherche Technologique Jules Verne) is a mutualized industrial research centre dedicated to advanced manufacturing technologies. Its mission is to develop innovative solutions for the factories of the future and speed up the technology transfer to factories.
The Institute focuses on 4 strategic industrial sectors:
- Aeronautics (Airbus, Daher, Stelia, Safran, Dassault Aviation, Zodiac, Latécoère, …);
- Automotive (PSA, Renault, Faurecia, Plastic Omnium, Valeo, …);
- Renewable energies (General Electric, Siemens, …);
- Shipbuilding (Naval Group, Chantiers de l'Atlantique, …).
The institute's employees conduct collaborative research. They work hand in hand with companies that are developing and deploying solutions for the factory of the future (production equipment & machine, toolmakers, robots, production software, …) and with the best academics in the manufacturing field.
Its research covers 3 main domains:
- Integrated product/process design;
- Innovative processes (composites and metallic processes; additive manufacturing);
- Flexible and intelligent manufacturing systems (robotics, cobotics, cyber-physical systems).
In order to offer global solutions up to scale-1 demonstrators, the institute utilises a wide range of exclusive equipment.
Created in 2012, the institute's key figures are the following:
- 79 members and industrial / academic partners;
- 26,5 M€ of annual revenue & a cumulative budget of 182 M€ committed to research projects;
- 135 employees and 17 M€ of investment in equipment;
- 47 patents granted.
The Jules Verne Institute aims to diversify its funding sources. This challenge is an integral part of the Institute's mid-term strategy. The identified activities that must respond to this challenge are EU projects and the Contract Research Project.
The Europe Unit was created in August 2017 within the Development and Projects department. Currently, four part-time members make part of it, and it has been developing the Europe R&D activity of the IRT.
The main objectives of the EU Unit are:
* Influence R&D frameworks in European and international level;
* Lobbying in the governance institutions in France and Europe;
* European and French networking;
* Set-up and management of EU projects in response to calls for proposals from the European Commission's Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development.
In order to continue and structure its development and in the framework of the new Horizon Europe programme, the EU Unit is looking for a European proposal writer, with a strong track record in granted European projects.
Main missions :
The EU expert is a true project architect through:
- writing proposals in response to the European Commission's calls for proposals in research projects such as Horizon Europe, including the 5 parts: 1. Excellence, 2. Impact, 3. Implementation, 4. Members of the consortium, 5. Ethics & Security.Beyond writing, he/she is in charge ot the creation of the general concept of the proposal that meets the calls' expectations and in phase with R&D strategy of IRT;
- Proposing and presenting the R&D concept with innovative approach and impact; this R&D concept must be in line with the technological priorities of the IRT Jules Verne and the wishes of the consortium partners
Setting up the work structure with identification of the Work Packages, tasks, etc..
- Building a coherent budget for the project, with the existing financial tools
In addition to this main mission, he/she will contribute to:
- Analysis of the published proposals and pre-selection of the ones that mostly match IRT's competences and roadmap;
- Short listing the targeted calls and present/discuss/analyse them with technical leaders at R&D division for selection of the one we can have most impact;
- Identify programmes and call lines relevant to IRT, not only under Horizon Europe, but also other calls such as: ESA, LIFE, EDIDP, etc.
- Produce pre-positioning notes in response to the identified topics;
- Represent the Institute at several European events (brokerages, congresses, etc...);
- Networking and identification of potential consortia, actively and frequently contacting them in Europe and discussing partnerships and IRT's participation;
- Exchange with the Research Department in order to well understand the R&D challenges and to make them match with the calls for proposals
Required profile :
You have a Msc or a PhD in engineering, materials, robotics, industrial systems, simulation...
You have curiosity for new technical al thematic. You have a capacity to work under pressure with strict dealines.
You have acquired great writing skills with persuasive tactics. You are confortable to communicate with professionals at all levels.
Your English level is fluent or mother tongue.
You master all European programs : Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe: structure, funding and guidelines
You know European scientific associations dedicated to lobbying.
You have an excellent track record in granted European projects such as NMBP, FOF, ICT, Transport, etc.
You can apply for this job offer (CV+cover letter+references required)