Smart & reinforced composite materials
The lightening and robustness of large structures and their maintenance are major challenges for the Renewable Marine Energies (EMR) sector.
The Everest project focuses on the production of a large reinforced-composite structure equipped with a sensor network. The use of new materials should help to make the structure more robust. The sensors will serve to monitor the structural health throughout the service life.
- 5% weight saving on wind turbine blades
- 10% lower blade maintenance costs
- 25% fewer on-site interventions
- Composite processes
- IRT Jules Verne
- GE RENEWABLE POWER
- EUROPE TECHNOLOGIES
- LARMAUR (UMR CNRS, UNIVERSITÉ DE RENNES)
- LIMATB (UBS)
- ARTS ET MÉTIERS PARISTECH ANGERS
- IPR (UMR CNRS, UNIVERSITÉ DE RENNES)