The CONNECT project kick-off
The Jules Verne Institute of Technological Research and its project partners, AIRBUS ATLANTIC, AIRBUS OPERATIONS, DAHER AEROSPACE, LATECOERE, LIEBHERR AEROSPACE TOULOUSE, NANTES UNIVERSITY (LTeN) and CERO have just launched the CONNECT project for a duration of 30 months and a budget of 2,7 M€.
Previous projects COSMOS / COSMOS-PEEK were completed in 2022 with the main objective of improving the technological feasibility of the stamping and over-molding processes applied to high-performance materials for the aeronautical industry. The CONNECT project aims at demonstrating the process robustness and at developing a numerical simulation chain to accelerate the certification of aeronautics parts.
- Define a methodology for the qualification of over-molded interfaces
- Evaluate the repeatability of stamping and over-molding processes (2steps with localized heating)
- Define specific test methods and samples for over-molded interfaces
- Develop specific adhesion laws suitable for the thermal dynamics of the over-molding process
- Develop a predictive cohesive model for the over-molded interfaces behaviour